Saturday, July 2, 2011

Here We Go

Well. This is me. I’m a 25 year old midwestern gal. I went to school, earned two degrees, moved home and got punched in the face by this economic situation we have going on here.  Don’t get me wrong, I like my life, but I think I would like other things to be happening in it.  And I guess that is where this all began.

25. Female. Not a gym rat, runner or trainer of any kind. Pretty laid back. Dream Job: Professional Traveler or Human Rights Worker.  

Current Goal: Entrance into the United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate School

Purpose of Blog: Share my journey, my unlikely journey, and quest to attempt to become an officer in the USMC. Will I make it? I don’t know, but if I don’t try then I never will. If I make it awesome, and if I don’t I gave it my all and I have nothing to be ashamed of.
So this is it.

I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.
Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment