Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Beginning

My beginning was never pictured with a Marine Corps ending. I started with the goal of joining the Air Force, however my recruiter saw my degrees and suggested that I pursue OCS. After some checking around I was sadly informed that the Air Force was not in need of someone with my particular credentials, but the other branches were in need of a gal like myself. My recruiter asked me if I had ever thought of joining the Marines, he was greeted with a resounding no! But after a less than awesome visit with the Navy recruiter and then being stood up for a meeting with the Navy, a Marine recruiter found me waiting in the empty hallway and offered an interview on the spot. I took it and the next week I was set up with the USMC OSO and I began my application journey with the Marine Corps.
My application process has been long and difficult, but already it has made me a better person. Mentally and physically I've grown while I've only been trying to get into the Marine Corps I can only imagine what the future holds.

“There is great meaning in life for those who are willing to journey.”
Jim England

No comments:

Post a Comment